Assoc / Assistant / Professor in in Earth Science and Engineering
Faculty position in Earth Science and Engineering
Nanjing University, the School of Earth Sciences and Engineering (SESE), invites applications for multiple faculty and research positions at all levels covering the broad field of earth sciences.
Nanjing University is a prestigious world-class research institute, and a member of the elite C9 League of Chinese universities. The university is located in the city of Nanjing, which is renowned for its long history, rich culture, and beautiful natural scenery.
The earth and environmental sciences disciplines of the University are among the top in its respective fields; being ranked No. 1 in China and No. 2 worldwide by Nature Index (2019). SESE at Nanjing University traces back to the geology department of the National Southeast University established in 1921 and has now evolved into a major institute consisting of three departments: earth and planetary sciences, water sciences, and geological engineering and information technology.
The school is committed to developing world-class academic programs, to training leading earth scientists and engineers, to conducting cutting-edge research, as well as contributing towards service of the country and its people. In the fourth-round national evaluation of all universities in 2017, the geology program (of level-one rank) in the school was ranked as A+ by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. In September 2019, two programs of the school, geology and mineralogical engineering, were successfully selected to the “Double First-Class” project, a highly selective government initiative that aims at developing world-leading academic programs and institutes.
We are recruiting faculty in these fields that include but are not limited to: Crystal Chemistry of Minerals, High-pressure Mineral Physics, Magma Dynamics, Isotope Geochemistry, Geofluids and Ore-forming Fluids, Sedimentology, Tectonics, Geodynamics, Paleoceanography. Environmental Geochemistry and Global Change, Hydrology and Water Resources, Seismology and Applied Geophysics, Engineering Geology and Geohazards Mitigation & Prevention, Paleobiology and biodiversity in deep time, and Planetary Sciences.
Successful applicants will be conducting original research in interdisciplinary or frontier fields oriented by national needs and aimed at solving major scientific problems.
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience, all-round support including office room, laboratory space, equipment purchase, student resources, and benefits such as family assistance; including day-care and school enrolment for children depending on specific cases.
For more information and to submit your application, please refer to below contact details.
More searches like this
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in China
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in China
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in China
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Postdocs jobs in China