Postdoc: Analysis of Signals from a Smart-plate & Wearables for Food Intake Monitoring
POSTDOC: ANALYSIS OF SIGNALS FROM A SMART-PLATE AND WEARABLES FOR FOOD INTAKE MONITORING
The work will be performed within the e-Media Research Lab and the M-Group both part of the Electrical Engineering (ESAT) Department and the Computer Science Department.
The aim of this project is to develop a smart plate to monitor food intake where the consumed food components are determined by data analysis of the compartmental weight sensors and wearables. For this purpose, we are looking for competences in activity recognition with wearables and IOT sensors and in machine learning. You drive the project towards a success together with a junior researcher.
- carry out basic and applied research in machine learning for signals and images from IOT sensors and wearables;
- actively participate in meetings with industry;
- take part in the research seminars at the e-Media Lab and M-Group;
- assist in the supervision of Master thesis students;
- perform a limited amount of teaching activities;
- participate in international conferences.
The candidate must have a good experience in state-of-the-art signal processing and machine learning algorithms. The candidate has also good experience in scientific programming and data analysis (MATLAB, Python, R) .
Additional research/educational experience in any of the following topics is a plus:
- Set-up acquisition campaigns with IoT sensors or wearables in healthcare applications
- Image processing
A one-year position with the possibility of extension for a second.
An exciting interdisciplinary research environment at KU Leuven, Europe’s most innovative university.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. ir. Bart Vanrumste, tel.: +32 16 32 64 07, mail: email@example.com or Prof. dr. ir. Hans Hallez, tel.: +32 50 66 48 38, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this job no later than August 31, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.