Freelance Independent End Point Assessor
Job Profile Apprenticeship - Coaches & Assessors
Contract Type Freelance
The appointment is due to commence from the 25th August 2020. Assessments run 2-4 times a year
BPP University’s End Point Assessment Organisation Team is currently sourcing independent End Point Assessors for the Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Integrated Degree Apprenticeship.
An End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) is an ESFA-approved, independent third-party that carries out End Point Assessments. These assessments determine whether the apprentice has the skills, knowledge and behaviours required by the Standard.
The Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours of this apprenticeship are taught and assessed on the degree programme by the Training Provider (University).
The overall apprenticeship is awarded by a separate part of the business within BPP University acting as the EPAO, rather than an independent EPAO.
The appointment duration is for three years, with an option to potentially extend for a further year.
An independent End Point Assessor must have appropriate standing, relevant expertise within higher education or any relevant professional body, and credibility to review and report on academic standards and the fairness of operational procedures.
- Assessment and grading of apprentice's synoptic work place project to the knowledge, skills and behaviour assessment criteria
- Attendance via online and/or face to face apprentice presentation
- Assessment and grading of apprentice's presentation
- Feedback and completion of grading forms
- Contributing to annual reports
Department University Academic Services - Academic Quality
Location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
Candidate Criteria Essential
- An understanding of apprenticeship standards, with specific knowledge about the relevant industry area for the role in at least one of the following streams;
- Software, Network Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Business, Data, Cyber Security Analyst
- Experience of producing clear, accurate and concise written reports, including remarks/enquiries about results
- Proficient IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Experience of marking and grading assessments
- D32, D33, A1 or Level 3 TAQA or equivalent, or an undergraduate or Master's degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. STEM or Learning or Teaching)
- Previous experience as an independent End Point Assessor is preferred but not essential. An induction will be provided.
You will be paid £50 per hour, with an estimated 2 hours per apprentice to mark project and 2 for presentation attendance (online or face to face) and marking.
A full estimate of payments will be calculated upon appointment.
Reasonable expense claims will be reimbursed.
To avoid institutional conflicts, unfortunately we cannot accept applications from individuals who have been directly involved in the BPP DTS programme
Please note that you will be required to undergo a DBS check
Contract Hours 0.00
Salary 50 per hour