Research Fellow, Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Singapore Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from the emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
SCELSE is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a multi-disciplinary team focusing on the interaction of bacteria, protozoa and host tissues. In particular, the Research Fellow should have a background in the culturing, maintenance and behavior of bacteriovorous protozoa and also have expertise in Microbiology.
- Conduct experimental work on protozoa/bacteria interactions
- Write manuscripts on results
- Supervise staff and students on projects
- PhD in microbiology or protozoology
- Expertise and experience in bacterial biofilms
- Skills in cloning, mutagenesis, reporter gene development and application, microscopy (both fluorescence and confocal) and image analysis
- Skills in molecular community analysis, including sequencing, proteomics and transcriptomics are desirable
- Good planning and management skills
- Ability to integrate well into a team of researchers with different backgrounds and the ability to learn new techniques
- Good communication and presentation skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.