RIE Trainee, Research Engineer, Fintech
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About Joint NTU-WeBank Research Centre on Fintech
NTU and Webank, China’s 1st Digital-only Bank officially launched Singapore’s 1st Joint Research Centre in Fintech on the 31st Jan 2019. Housed at NTU, Yunnan Campus, the new $25 million research centre will support 35 research scientist and engineers over the next 5 years.By employing “state-of-the-art” research, such as data science and analytics, Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain technologies, the centre aims to enable and realise Banking 4.0, where banking can be personalised and done anytime, anywhere. And fundamentally transform how we borrow, save, pay, invest and insure. The research centre will develop technologies that integrate behavioural science with advanced analytics to give users personalised wealth management advice on the go. This will help to make wealth management advice not just accessible to wealthy individuals, but to the general public at large.The team will also examine ways to enhance banking services through the adoption of blockchain technology and develop new means of digital marketing for banking services using the Internet-of-Things (IoT) and machine learning technology. Blockchain enhances the customer experience by making banking more accountable and secure in every business and customer interaction. Potential applications for IoT-based digital marketing for banking services include boosting the bank’s social presence, and targeting genuine customers.
- Conduct literature review in the field of Fintech
- Discuss the reviewed research ideas and approaches with other team members
- Help to collect data, and perform data preprocessing and analysis
- Contribute to presentations and research publications
- Assist in project management, such as documentation and report preparations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, finance, business, or other relevant fields
- Basic understanding of research methodologies and analytical skills
- Critical thinking and attention to details
- Team player with effective communication and report writing skills