Lecturer, Department of Anatomy
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ANATOMY
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Teaching at undergraduate level (including in the dissection hall);
- Teaching at postgraduate level;
- Being actively involved and participating in research;
- Supervising or co-supervising honours, Master’s and/or PhD students;
- Publications in peer-reviewed accredited journals;
- Performing administrative and academic responsibilities.
- MBChB or BChD degree and/or MSc degree in Anatomy with in depth knowledge of clinical (human) anatomy;
- Registration with HPCSA (if qualified as a Dentist or Medical Practitioner);
- Minimum of two publications in accredited peer-reviewed journals.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- The ability to work independently and in a team.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Experience in academic curriculum development and administration;
- At least one year of teaching experience/tutoring students in Human Anatomy;
- First author publications are recommended;
- Published full-length conference papers are recommended;
- Participation at national and international conferences are recommended;
- Experience in teaching undergraduate students in the allied health professions (e.g. Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Radiography, Oral Hygiene and BCMP);
- Member of ASSA (Anatomical Society of Southern Africa) or an equivalent professional society.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive UP Academic CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 30 July 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms FI Mabaso, via email email@example.com for application-related enquiries, and Prof P Soma, Tel: (012) 012 319 2137 / via email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.