RIE Trainee, Project Officer, Droplet Impacting Experiment
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the HP-NTU Digital Manufacturing Corporate Lab
The HP-NTU Digital Manufacturing Corporate Lab, which has commenced on 1 November 2018, is a collaboration between NRF, HP Inc. and NTU. It is the 13th corporate lab supported by NRF and HP’s largest university research collaboration worldwide. The $84 million lab supports Singapore’s push toward industry transformation – in the areas of digital manufacturing and 3D printing technologies. Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering is one of four technology domains under the Research, Innovation and Enterprise (RIE) 2020 Plan, which is Singapore’s national strategy to develop a knowledge-based innovation-driven economy and society.
The Corporate Lab’s main research themes focuses on advancing 3D Printing, specifically around artificial intelligence, machine learning, new materials and applications, cybersecurity and customisation. The lab has 3 major programmes:
- 3D Printing
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Prepare literature review and searches to outline research in the field
- Participate in research conceptualization and design
- Participate in data collection and preparation, and support data analysis
- Prepare reports and documentations for the research program
- Contribute to research publications and presentations
- Assist in duties related to project management, documentation, tracking of deliverables and asset records etc
- Assist in purchasing of equipment and consumables, and tracking of research budget etc
- Conduct experimental study, which include highspeed recording of impacting droplets, microscopic characterization.
- Collect and process experimental data.
- Support data analysis.
- Bachelor degree in Physics or Engineering
- Basic understanding of research and analytical skills
- Attention to details and procedures
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work well in a team
- Good spoken and written English
Hiring Institution: NTU