Project Officer, Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Physics/Electrical Engineering/Material Science
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Photonics Institute invites applications for the position of Project Officer.
- Support the research activities of the Centre for Disruptive Photonic Technologies (CDPT) : this includes both technical (day-to-day operation of infrastructures and maintenance of equipment, users’ training, chemical handling, safety checks, laboratory preparations) and administrative (planning, organization and coordination of activities related to purchases, renovation, international visits, workshops and conferences, helping with reports, maintenance of research website and research news) aspects
- Interact with Research Fellows and PhD students and directly report to and closely working with CDPT directors and programme manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, biology, biotechnology, physics, electrical engineering, material science or related disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines
- Start work within short notice and willing to work flexible hours
Preferred prior relevant work experience:
- Experience with high level international visitors, workshops and conferences
- Technical and administrative experience, preferably in research centres or similar environments
- Work experience, especially in higher education institutions, and with clean rooms and laser laboratories
- Work experience with safety matters (chemical, mechanical, electrical, optical)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU