Research Fellow, Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Sciences
4 days left
- Full Time
A Research Fellow position is currently available in the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences, NTU.
- Prepare and process perovskite nanomaterials and metal organic frameworks (MOFs)
- Operate, optimize, troubleshoot and maintain femtosecond laser systems
- Setup a multiphoton microscope and florescence lifetime imaging system
- Setup and align optical beamlines/setups for transient optical spectroscopy experiments
- Conduct ultrafast optical spectroscopy studies and nonlinear spectroscopy of novel semiconductors and emergent semiconductor nanostructures
- Perform data analysis and data interpretation of transient optical spectroscopy experiments independently
- Assist the principal investigator with the writing of research papers and research grants as well as in the supervision and mentoring of a small research team comprising of post-graduate students and undergraduate students
- PhD Degree in Physics or Chemistry or Chemical Sciences
- Minimum 4 Years of Research Experience in Ultrafast Lasers, ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy and nonlinear spectroscopy of semiconductor materials as well as in the operation and maintenance of multi-photon imaging systems
- Excellent knowledge in chemical synthesis, optics, photophysics of semiconductors, charge and quasi-particle dynamics, charge transfer mechanisms, multi-photon imaging, femtosecond lasers, and femtosecond laser spectroscopy
- Excellent knowledge in the optical characterization of semiconductor materials (including nanostructures) which includes transient spectroscopy (pump-probe, time-resolved PL), and nonlinear spectroscopy (z-scan and multiphoton spectroscopy).
- Evidence of prior experience with Physics modeling of charge trapping and phonon energy losses in semiconductor systems
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.