Research Assistant, Cell Biology
4 days left
- Full Time
A Research Assistant position is available in the laboratory of Assistant Professor Guillaume Thibault, School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (www.thibaultlab.com).
The main role of this position is to complete an ongoing research project focusing on synthetic biology in yeast.
- Participate in overall project management by means of team-work and be able to reach project deadlines and milestones
- Contribute to the intellectual progression of the project
- Contribute to implementation of good laboratory work practices and procedures
- Present results at regular project meetings and scientific meetings where appropriate
- Contribute to writing papers, including where appropriate as first or senior (corresponding) author
- Attend weekly laboratory meetings and be prepared to present data at these meetings
- Be prepared to contribute to the efficient running of the laboratory and maintain equipment in good working order
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- Extensive research experience working with budding yeast as a model organism
- Relevant research experience in immunoblot, confocal microscopy, qPCR will be advantageous
- Good planning, presentation, and organizational skills
- Must be resourceful, proactive, with a good working attitude
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.