RIE Trainee, Research Analyst, Internet of Things
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About Rolls-Royce@NTU Corp Lab
Rolls-Royce@NTU Corp Lab is a collaboration between Rolls-Royce, NTU and the National Research Foundation as the first lab under Corp Lab @ University scheme. After successfully attaining notable achievements in Phase 1 (2013-2018) in terms of world-class research and technology pull-through, the Corp Lab is embarking into Phase 2 (2019 – 2024) focusing on five core research areas: Rolls-Royce Electrical (RRE), Manufacturing Technology (ManTech), Advanced Repair and Materials (ARMS), Data Analytics and Complex Systems (DACS), and Internet of Things (IoT). Research in these fields are diverse and aimed at inventing more efficient and reliable energy delivery systems, developing innovative manufacturing, materials, and repair technologies to complement more robust power systems, and extracting information from equipment and processes so that operators can make timely and informed business critical decisions and offer value to Rolls-Royce business in terms of technology pull through and patents.
- Prepare literature review and searches to outline research in the field
- Participate in research of kinetic energy harvesting using piezoelectric materials
- Participate in design of piezoelectric power circuit for battery charging
- Participate in data collection and analysis from the test
- Prepare reports and documentations for the research program
- Assist in duties related to project management, documentation, and outreach
- Bachelor degree in relevant field
- Basic understanding of research and analytical skills
- Attention to details and procedures
- Effective communication and report writing skills