Assistant/Associate Professor in Statistics
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), established in 1976 as a federal institution with a focus on intellect, culture, and science, is the oldest and leading university in the UAE. Known for its pioneering spirit, it is one of the top universities in the region, and has a vast and influential alumni network of more than 65.000 graduates. The “UAEU aims to be an innovative, socially-conscious university which will generate a community of future leaders by encouraging collaborative research, providing a learner-centric educational experience and cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship.” (mission statement). With the vision of “Advancing Knowledge, Serving Society, and Developing Future Leaders.” In line with this mission and vision, the College of Business and Economics (CBE), AACSB accredited since 2000, redefined its strategy, accordingly, reflecting its ambition to «be, from a business angle, a catalyst for technologically-driven innovation in relation with the digital economy and the 4IR», and focusing on
- leadership, managerial, business and economic challenges in relation with the 4IR, the digital economy, technologically-driven innovation, and induced business-model innovation;
- accelerated development of graduate education; and
- strengthening corporate relations and internationalisation.
As part of this strategy, the CBE is now recruiting an Assistant / Associate Professor in Statistics with a proven strengthen in statistical computing and big data.
The ideal candidate will have a primary research and teaching interest in Statistics with interest in in statistical computing and big data. The position entails teaching at undergraduate and graduate level, and strong engagement with practice and the business community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in statistics ;
- Engage in innovative and technology-based approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading internationally recognized journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committees at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Provide consultancy to researchers, and the business community.
A PhD in the field of statistical science from an internationally recognized university.
- A research record in statistical methodology; and demonstrated ability to publish in leading international journals;
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching statistics at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Experience in providing statistical consultancy to researchers and the business community.
- Open to cross-disciplinary cooperation in research, teaching and (program) development.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Very good interpersonal skills; team player.
Special Instructions to Applicant Please submit your application online at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Statistics - (CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty