Assistant Professor in Economics
3 days left
- Full Time
Assistant/Associate Professor in Economics, with research interests in applied economics and policy assessment and impact. Acquaintance with the UAE and MENA region and/or the challenges of transition economies would be an added advantage.
The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in economics (with emphasis on applied economics);
- Engage in innovative and technology-based approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading internationally recognized journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committees at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Engage with the public sector, business community and professionals in the field of economics.
- A PhD in Economics from an internationally recognized university;
- A research record with emphasis on applied economics; and demonstrated ability to publish in leading international journals;
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching economics at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Open to cross-disciplinary cooperation in research, teaching and (program) development.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Very good interpersonal skills; team player.
As part of this strategy, the CBE is now recruiting an Assistant/Associate Professor in Economics, with research interests in applied economics and policy assessment and impact. Acquaintance with the UAE and MENA region and/or the challenges of transition economies would be an added advantage. Teaching responsibilities will include a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and therefore candidates should have excellent teaching capabilities at both levels.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop an internationally recognized research agenda, and to have published in highly ranked academic journals. The candidate will also be expected to undertake service responsibilities to the Department, College and University.
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Innovation in Govt. & Society-(CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty