Unix System Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
- Solves server-related solving problems on a daily basis.
- In support of change management within the data center, provides the CSC with high quality documentation on all enterprise UNIX systems.
- Responsible of monitoring all Unix servers and services
- Monitors all enterprise UNIX Systems and proactively intervenes to solve problems before they impact customers (ex. checks error logs for any critical and warning error messages, performs core dump analysis, monitors Big Brother)
- Management and updating of all enterprise services running on UNIX platforms including administration of all standard UNIX services of the operating system.
- Responsible for UNIX account administration.
- Responsible for data Backup and Recovery and servers Disaster Recovery.
- Co-ordinates with vendors for support.
- At request generates statistical reports for management.
- Assists in server specifications, procurement, installation, administration and maintenance.
- Tests and deploys new enterprise servers and services.
- Performing standard administration responsibilities
- Participating in disaster recovery tests and planning.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the enterprise servers and backup infrastructure and communications flow and routing.
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise equipment and infrastructure.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science.
- Must have at least qualification/certification on administering UNIX or Linux OS.
- 3 years’ experience in UNIX server administration
- Good knowledge of Sun Solaris and Linux operating systems (AIX and HPUX helpful).
- Knowledge of Sun OS services such SMTP.
- Working knowledge of virtualization solutions with Sun OS and Linux.
- Working knowledge on Enterprise Backup/Recovery/Disaster Recovery using disk arrays, SAN, Tape Libraries. Preferably EMC CLARiiON and Legato Enterprise solution.
- Remote site data protection.
- Storage networking (FC, iSCSI, FICON, Brocade, etc).
- Working knowledge of Oracle application running on UNIX or Linux.
- Knowledge of working with enterprise monitoring tools.
- Good knowledge of using scripts for automation tasks (Perl, bash, php, python, etc).
- Good Communication & Report Writing Skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on-call in case of major services outage.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Infrastructure&Core Techno. Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED