3 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Khalifa University College Medicine and Health Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class,research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
The Simulation Specialist manages simulation room, supports Inter Professional Education, immersive simulation experiences, and other scheduled patient simulation learning activities. The position reports to the faculty director for simulation training.
He / she will in collaboration with the faculty director for simulation training will identify education needs/topics across different stakeholders, deliver simulation based education and training to MD students, residents, nurses, physicians and other healthcare professionals and evaluate course content and the benefits of the learning experience for students and the healthcare system in general.
This will require facilitation of the educational process through assessment, development, planning,implementation and evaluation.
- Conduct needs assessments using avariety of strategic tools and identify education needs/topics and coordinate programs
- Incorporate principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education programs and develop simulation-based educational materials
- Ensure course content is aligned and consistent with curriculum and user expectations. Identify opportunities for improvement, innovation, implementation and integration of patient simulation technology into existing healthcare curricula
- Prepare and set-up requirements for training courses including equipment availability, documentation needs and follow up for reports and statistics as well as After-care of courses including equipment and maintenance requirements (e.g. referral of repair needs etc.)
- Integrate goals and teaching points from basic science and multidisciplinary clinical departments to promote collaboration and team teaching and evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs
- Debrief participants using principles of adult learning to emphasize the previously defined objectives
- Document follow up reports after each training session including statistics/grading
- Promote excellence in teaching through demonstrate respectful behavior and role modeling and serve assimilation mentor and educator to clinicians, staff and management team
- Assist in Coordination, planning and execution of all activities related to the Simulation Center as assigned
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Healthcare professional preferably in the areas specialized in Critical Care/OR/Emergency
- Post graduate qualification in healthcare or simulation education preferred
- Qualification in Education is advantageous but not mandatory
- BLS, ACLS, and ATCN Instructor Certified (Preferred)
- Proficiency with PC’s, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- First aid certificate is mandatory.
A minimum (5) years of relevant experience, (2) years of which should be in teaching the relevant subject
- A minimum (4) years of relevant experience, (2) years of which should be in teaching the relevant subject
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Simulation Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly