Post-Doctoral Research Fellow / Research Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Chemistry
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow / Research Assistant (PR0026/20-21)
The appointees will conduct research projects in the areas of functionalized nanomedicine and optogenetics transfection of nervous system, in combination with the application of upconversion nanoparticles for neuro-modulation and/or human stem cell application for central nervous system repair and regeneration.
Applicants should have a relevant PhD degree. Experience in one of the following fields is required.
- Human cell culture techniques and assessments;
- Human stem cell differentiation via iPSC methods–the Oligodendrocytes are of particular interest;
- In vivo rodent surgical procedures and animal care;
- Hands-on in vitro and in vivo optogenetics science;
- In vitro and in vivo patch-clamp technology sciences;
- Functionalized upconversion nanoparticles;
- Quantitative analyses of sensing in biological tissues; and
- Nanoparticle imaging techniques.
Applicants with a lower level of qualification will be considered for the post of Research Assistant.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of 1 year. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
For enquiry, please contact Dr. Angelo All (email: email@example.com).
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 8 August 2020