Research Assistant, LKC Medicine
6 days left
- Full Time
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant (COVID-19 Research) in the Laboratory of Assistant Professor Sanjay Haresh Chotirmall
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) established in September 2010 is a partnership between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
We are currently recruiting a Research Assistant to work in the area of COVID-19 research. The individual should be driven, organized and possess the ability to work independently with good team working, interpersonal and communication skills. The group currently has 7 members all active in bench-based work at differing levels of seniority.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with an international and multidisciplinary team of investigators including close collaborations with respiratory and infectious disease clinicians nationally and the other schools within the wider NTU community where the lab already has existing collaborative projects. The lab is in the Clinical Sciences Building at the Novena campus (across from TTSH) which fosters close interactions with our clinical partners and collaborators.
Candidates should have a degree or equivalent in Biological/Biomedical Sciences. Applicants should have past experience in the following areas:
- Molecular biology techniques: Be proficient in Molecular Biology techniques including RNA extraction, gene expression and qRT-PCR and molecular cloning.
- Cell culture techniques: Maintain standard cell lines, primary airway cultures and adult-stem cell derived airway organoids.
- Prior experience of immunofluorescence staining and confocal microscopy would be of benefit but not essential.
- Administrative and Management Skills: Request quotation, budget management and inventory keeping on a day-to-day basis.
- Self-motivated and well-organized with good communication and technical skills.
- Be able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your CV, publications and names of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.