Internal Programs Senior Specialist
4 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Research Services
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
The Internal Programs Senior Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development of funding programs, managing the funding call process (including multi-stage reviews) and supporting the management of the internal grant portfolio.
- Coordinate with the University’s funding programs and manage part of its portfolio of grants
- Develop materials related to the preparation of funding calls and related activities.
- Manage proposal submission compliance and eligibility prior to technical reviews.
- Manage the internal and external reviewer process including identifying subject specific reviewers based on individual proposal topics.
- Liaise between scientific review committees and applicants/grantees, e.g., synthesize feedback from review panels to applicants and grantees.
- Track progress of and help manage grantees’ projects, including working with grantees on issues.
- Develop, track, report on and manage to key success metrics, including grant performance.
- Design and solicit feedback from key constituents about current processes.
- Ensure the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the process, including identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Answer questions and track follow-ups to completion.
- Use appropriate reporting system to provide support and training to research end users to ensure adherence to developed processes and procedures.
- Facilitate the smooth flow of paperwork and approvals, ensuring adherence to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Track progress of and help manage grantees’ projects, including working with grantees on issues (operational and financial).
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 year of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Internal Programs Senior Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly