Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Permanent
The Apprenticeship Manager is the first and most regular point of contact for all apprentices and their employers throughout the apprenticeship, from the point of onboarding to the completion of the programme. Their role is pivotal in ensuring that apprentices are properly informed and supported throughout, resulting in an excellent student experience with maximum completion rates and the highest levels of achievement, and that employers receive excellent client service and valuable advice on the management of their apprentices.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
- Liaise with apprentices and their employers to ensure effective and timely onboarding, to include delivery of training to employers about the apprenticeship and how to manage their apprentices.
- Take an active role in induction, to include delivery of training to apprentices.
- Actively manage the apprentice's journey, ensuring dissemination of information and the provision of support.
- Undertake regular (termly) progress reviews with each apprentice and their line manager, setting and monitoring the completion of relevant SMART targets, and offering support and advice to both, and fully documenting and following up on those meetings to ensure effective support as well as compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Act as first point of contact for all apprentice, apprentice line manager and employer queries.
- Provide regular communication to (1) apprentices regarding their programme of study, ensuring relevant and consistent messaging for all; and (2) employers regarding the apprenticeship programme and their apprentices, to include regular (monthly) reporting on performance.
- Liaise with Law School clients on a regular basis, including advising employers on off-the-job learning and other regulatory requirements and on effective management of their apprentices, to include advice dealing with difficult situations in the workplace.
Please refer to the job description for full details
Department Law School - Programmes & Students
Location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
- A sound academic record including a minimum of 3 x A levels at Grade C or above
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis
- Experience of managing others
- Able to develop rapport and build and maintain strong working relationships with Law School clients, students and tutors
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- High attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to have ‘difficult conversations' with key stakeholders
- Able to deal with difficult/sensitive issues
- Able to manage people and resolve conflicts
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills (particularly Excel) and an ability to develop new solutions
- Able to work on own initiative without daily supervision
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Resourceful and resilient
- An undergraduate honours degree
- Experience of working in the HE sector
- Experience of using project management tools
- Experience of client relationship management
Contract Hours 18.75
Attachments Full Job Description