Director of National Center for Public Policy and Leadership
United Arab Emirates University
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the UAE’s premier teaching and research institution. The first national university in the UAE, founded in 1976 , the UAEU is among the nation's most academically diverse universities offering 52 Bachelor’s degree programs, 37 Master’s programs, a Doctor of Medicine (MD), several PhD programs, and a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA). The QS world ranking recently recognized UAEU in the top 300 universities and 27th best ‘Young’ university globally.
With a faculty numbering more than 930 and nearly 14,000 students from 64 nationalities, the flagship university is always striving for self-improvement and holds accreditation with WSCUC, ABET and AACSB. As part of the University’s strategic plan there is a clear agenda to achieve international research stature, by partnering with industry and international research organizations to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world.
The University’s programs and research continue to garner national and global recognition and rankings. This is attributable to research output increasing by more than 50% in high ranked journals in the past five years and more than half of UAEU’s research output is published in top quartile journals. UAEU has built its reputation on excellence through cultural diversity; integrity and transparency; innovation; collaboration; engagement; transformation and student focus.
Director of National Center for Public Policy and Leadership (NCPPL)
The United Arab Emirates University seeks a highly qualified Director for the National Center for Public Policy and Leadership (NCPPL). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with our fast-paced research team at the University and help develop policy that will shape the future of the UAE.
The Director is expected to work across disciplines and functions to advance the national agenda on public policy and leadership. Reporting to the Associate Provost for Research the ideal candidate will have a proven record of conducting high quality research and leading services in the area of public policy and leadership. They should have excellent presentation and communication skills, be a strong contributor to the senior leadership team, a self-starter, be willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of high level assignments.
The main responsibilities of the Director include:
- Develop a strategy for the Center in conjunction with the ambitious overarching research strategy.
- Develop the image of the Center to become a world renowned center of excellence in the area of Public Policy and Leadership.
- Develop and execute research programs around public policy issues.
- Work closely with public policy researchers at the University to develop strong interdisciplinary research collaboration among departments and colleges.
- Build partnership with local and international academic institutions.
- Inform and influence policy in communication with governmental entities.
- Attract and secure major funding for the Center.
- Advocate the Center’s position on important public policy issues.
- Develop policy initiatives, provide feedback about potential new laws and regulations, and discuss issues facing the government.
- Develop in depth analysis and regular reports on policy developments.
- PhD degree in public policy or related majors such as Political Science, Economics, Business Administration, Communications, or Journalism.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in the field of public policy, leadership, and related fields.
- Proven record of conducting high quality research in related fields.
- Experience and understanding of the international legislative process.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritize multiple and competing priorities.
- Experience of leading research teams and establishing new initiatives
- Ph.D from a highly ranked research universities.
- 15 years of experience in well-known organizations in the field of Public Policy and Leadership
- 5 years of work experience in the GCC Countries
- Strong networking experience with international organizations and researchers
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered dependent on qualifications and experience.
Closing Date for applications: 7th August 2020
Informal Enquiries may be made to Professor Ahmed Ali Murad, Associate Provost Research, email@example.com
Applicants should apply with a CV and covering letter through the UAEU Jobs portal at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/index.jsp