Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Midwifery
- SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
- $100,643PA (ALEVB) TO $161,526PA (ALEVD) DEPENDENT ON LEVEL OF APPOINTMENT
- ONGOING, FULL TIME, JOONDALUP CAMPUS
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and well-qualified midwife to influence the next generation.
The School of Nursing and Midwifery provides a comprehensive range of academic programs to prepare health care professionals for positions in nursing and midwifery. ECU offers the only Bachelor’s level dual nursing and midwifery degree, and the only Master’s level midwifery degree for qualified registered nurses in the state, making ECU’s offerings a unique and comprehensive strategy to meet the needs of the midwifery workforce.
The School has a commitment to developing strong partnerships locally, nationally and internationally through its collaboration with health professions, industry and the broader community. The School is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced academic to further enhance the Midwifery team.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Midwife, have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and have the following experience:
- Would possess a PhD or significant progress towards a PhD in Midwifery or a related discipline;
- Must be eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a midwife;
- Demonstrated breadth of clinical midwifery experience.
- Ability to apply contemporary approaches to the design, development and coordination of teaching and learning activities in online and on campus delivery modes.
- Evidence of engagement in applied research, research supervision and contribution to the translation into practice commensurate with the academic level.
- Effective community, industry and professional collaboration in teaching and research endeavours commensurate with academic level.
- Ability to work collaborative in a team towards the provision of quality undergraduate and/or postgraduate curriculum delivery.
You will demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence and the School’s Midwifery Philosophy.
ECU is a smoke-free environment.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full-time, ongoing position attracts remuneration of between $100,643 pa (ALEVB) to $161,526 pa (ALEVD) dependent on level of appointment plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are encouraged to call Dr. Olivia Gallagher, Associate Dean (Clinical) on + 618 6304 3937 for more information.
Applications close SUNDAY, 2 AUGUST 2020 at 11:30 pm AWST.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your current CV and statement addressing the dot points above and referencing the Selection Criteria for your relevant level.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN AND INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. RELOCATION AND VISA SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.