Research Associate, Microbiology/Biochemistry
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Singapore Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from the emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
We would like to invite applications for the position of Research Associate.
- Work on skin microbiome communities to understand mechanisms and consequences of mixed species interactions
- Develop approaches to study such communities, which may include metabolomics, genomics and spectroscopy-based approaches, as well as more standard light based imaging
- Testing of compounds for the control of biofilm communities
- MSc in Microbiology or Biochemistry
- Strong skills in molecular biology and biofilm biology
- Experience working with biofilms, oral and skin related microorganisms
- Experience working with microbial communities
- Understanding and experience of testing approaches for the control of biofilms using small molecules is essential
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
Kindly include a separate cover letter addressing the selection criteria in your CV.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU