Research Assistant, Wastewater-Based Epidemiology
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
A Research Assistant position is currently available in the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre (NEWRI-AEBC).
- Support research work on wastewater-based epidemiology and perform routine laboratory techniques – (sewage sample preparation, nucleic acid extraction, reagent preparation, environmental/biochemical assays, etc.)
- Conduct routine experiments involving wastewater and sludge treatment for removal and inactivation of of human pathogens
- Prepare data for presentations
- Prepare reports on the work
- Support laboratory procurement, inventory, maintenance, and organization.
- Support existing research personnel with WBE research
- Assist in daily operational, administrative, and logistics duties related to the research activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Environmental & Water Technology or other related science/life science disciplines
- Knowledge on wastewater and sludge treatment processes is highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience on operation, data analysis, sample preparation for molecular biology (e.g. PCR, ELISA) and analytical instruments (e.g. HPLC, GC, FTIR, GC-MS, IC, ICP-OES, ICP-MS or some of these) is preferred
- Highly motivated person who is able to work independently
- Good communication skills & team player
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU