A Research Assistant position is available in the Satellite Research Centre (SaRC), School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
You will conduct leading-edge project development in the SaRC. The centre is dedicated to perform R&D projects in space science and technology. SaRC has successfully developed, launched and operated 9 satellites in orbit. The experiences and data collected have accumulated for more than 10 years. SaRC has a full-fledged of facilities to realize the spacecraft simulation, testing, integration and operation. The engineering laboratory, clean rooms and mission control room are equipped with specialized equipment such as the thermal vacuum chamber. SaRC are working closely with SME, MNC, universities, and space agencies. The objective is to share and collaborate with expertise around the globe.
You will be supporting a team of engineers/researcher on the design, integration, testing and operation of satellites. There are engineering and administrative assignment. Training will be provided before embarking on the assignment.
- Satellite integration work in a cleanroom (harness, assembly, etc)
- Testing of satellites (thermal vacuum cycles, vibration, etc)
- Daily satellite operation
- Purchases and maintaining of satellite parts
- Operation and maintenance of satellite test and communication equipment
- Safety requirement of the laboratory
- Diploma in Electronic/Mechanical Engineering or related field from a reputable polytechnic
- Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good working knowledge of PC applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Keen to learn and is a team player
- Able to work during non-office hours (satellite testing and operation)
- Proficiency in software tool such as Altium, Orcad, Solidworks, or AutoCAD will be an added advantage
- Experience in equipment such as spectrum analyser, oscilloscope will be an added advantage
- Fresh graduate/entry level candidates are welcomed to apply
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.