Research Fellow, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, NTU (Singapore) invites applications for our Research Fellow position.
The Research Fellow will be placed in the Food Manufacturing and Health Laboratory, in charge of the funded project - “Inulin Colonic Digestion: Key Fermenting Microorganisms, Microbial Interactions, and Metabolic Output”. As our school continues to expand research in the area of food science, the researcher will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the study of the colonic microbial system and novel functional food development.
- Perform microbial strain isolation, identification, fermentation as well as metabolite analysis
- Study the interactions among gut microorganisms and non-digestible fibers
- Address the scientific reports that are related to the project
- PhD degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemical or Biological Engineering from a prestigious institution
- Minimum 4 years of experience in microbiology
- Hands-on experience in microbial strain isolation, anaerobic fermentation, real-time PCR, transcriptomics, and chromatography operations
- Proficiency in English is desired
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.