School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Assistant.
The Research Assistant will be involved in the Research, development and field trial of a new heavy weight-lifting stair-climbing robot that can move around the staircases in building under construction as a Robot control & navigation engineer. This is part of a Construction Robotics program, “Robotics for Construction 4.0” to improve the productivity of construction sites. The job scopes include:
- Research on robot navigation for stair climbing and fleet control to do coordinated material transportation
- Design and implementation of control and navigation algorithms on robot prototype
- Conducting field tests
- Report and technical document writing
- Bachelor in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant skills and experience in development and deployment using C/C++, Python, ROS, Linux OS, Windows OS, Matlab, and other similar libraries and software tools
- Proficient in the use of design software: Solidworks, ANSYS, etc
- Excellent skills in mechanical and mechatronics design, analysis, and fabrication
- Experience and skills in embedded system development is a plus
- Ability to work with a team and individually, take initiative and deliver under tight schedule
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.