Research Associate, Mechanical Engineering
The motivation of the project is to develop advanced thermal technologies in the area of two phase cooling of laser diodes and recharging of PCM. The project objective is to develop and demonstrate a laboratory prototype that is able to achieve the design goals.
The Research Associate will be responsible for the design of experimental facilities and the performance of experimental and simulation studies of multiphase flow with flow boiling.
The Research Associate shall work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator to conduct academic research and/or administrative work as following:
- Assist the Principal Investigator (PI) and his co-investigator in the supervision of junior research staff, graduate and undergraduate students in the research team
- Perform all related assignments and studies as directed by the PI from time to time
- Possess a recognized Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong in the area of thermal sciences
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in thermal sciences
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communications and written skills are essential
- Graphics design and simulation skills (Fluent) for analysis of fluid flow and heat transfer are added advantages
- Publication track record is an advantage
- Proficiency in basics of programming languages such as C, C++ and Python
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.