Research Associate, Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
The Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research associate in the area of process systems engineering. The research associate should be familiar with modeling and optimization of batch and continuous processes. The candidate should be able to develop mixed-integer programming models for design and scheduling purposes for applications in maintenance of oil and gas facilities, and for production of biopharmaceuticals.
The preferred candidate should have demonstrated experience in design, simulation, and optimization using GAMS software, MATLAB, and simulation software, with a master’s degree in Chemical Engineering and simultaneously interested in pursuing Ph.D.
A master’s degree in Chemical Engineering supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Modeling, Simulation, Optimization
- Ability to use simulation and optimization software
- Good technical writing skills
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role.
- Knowledge of modeling and optimization for mixed-integer programming
- Knowledge of computer-aided applications such as GAMS, MATLAB, SuperPro, SchedulePro for design, simulation, and optimization
- Be adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands
- Commitment to pursue PhD
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 31-07-2020
Job Category Staff