Research Associate, Polymers-Rheology
A research associate position is available for the research project entitled “synthesis of polyesters and their nanocomposites”. The project is focused on synthesizing polyesters via step-growth polymerization method and characterization of the synthesized polymer using various physio-chemical methods. In the second step, nanocomposites of the made polyesters will be developed and characterized for their mechanical and barrier properties.
The appointment initially is for 6 months starting from February 2020.
The research associate MUST apply for the PhD program at UAEU for Fall-2020 intake, and apply for the graduate scholarship and/ fellowship program. Upon acceptance in the PhD program at UAEU, the student will benefit from either full scholarship (covering full tuition + monthly stipend) or fellowship (covering tuition fee waiver + stipend through TA work + AED 2000 research stipend). The position will be extended to another four years based on acceptance in the PhD program.
The initial package includes 5000-6000 AED per month (before Fall 2020) based on candidate’s experience. No additional benefit is associated with this position. Only online submissions will be entertained.
The candidates after pre-shortlisting, will be notified for a Skype-based interview via email.
- Must have a masters’ degree in Chemical Engineering with thesis on either polymer synthesis, polymer rheology, or melt extensional rheology
- Must have published at one peer reviewed journal article in a reputed international journal. A conference presentation of the thesis work will be advantageous.
- Ability to work independently with flexibility and initiative-based approach
- Willing to learn different techniques and adapt to the continuous changes associated with research demand
- Commitment to provide a safe and healthy workplace
Candidate must have obtained (completed) masters’ degree in chemical/polymer engineering. (IELTS => 6.5, and GRE>290)
Special Instructions to Applicant Submit a detailed CV
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 31-07-2020
Job Category Staff