Manager, Procurement Division
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 5
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The Head: Procurement is primarily responsible for:
- Strategic and operational management for the Procurement Division;
- Compliance and governance;
- Oversee the maintenance and development of procurement systems;
- Service excellence and governance;
- Stakeholder and risk management;
- Performance and resource management of staff in the Division.
- Relevant Honours Degree: Supply Chain Management (SCM)/Law/Commerce;
- A total of seven years working experience in commercial /procurement and/or finance background;
- Five years appropriate management/supervisory experience;
- Five years’ experience with procurement policies, practices and systems;
- Five years experience working with commercial tender processes;
- Five years in-dept knowledge of B-BBEE and preferential procurement legislation.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Procurement processes;
- Supplier evaluation;
- BBBEE principles and application;
- Procurement policies and procedures;
- Contracts and SLA’s;
- Planning and organisational abilities;
- Cognitive skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Inter-personal skills;
- Communication skills;
- Conflict handling skills;
- Presentation skills;
- High ethical standards;
- Positive interaction with external as well as internal stakeholders;
- Keep up to date with best practices;
- Provide leadership and guidance within the Department as well as institution wide in procurement related matters.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Masters’ Degree in SCM or Commercial Law;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management;
- Experience in Higher Education Sector.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 23 July 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms B Khumalo, Tel: (012) 420 4134 for application-related enquiries, and Mr N Moolla, email: firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.