Associate Dean, Director of UG Programmes
4 days left
- Full Time
Job Profile Teaching - Programme Lead
Contract Type Permanent
You will work closely with the Dean, Associate Dean and the lead for Strategic Business & Partnership Management to realise the strategic vision of the School of Nursing.
There will be an opportunity to work remotely 2 / 3 days per week as business dictates.
- Work with relevant external institutes/professional bodies/practice placement providers.
- Lead on the management of the academic content and pedagogy of programmes.
- Work with Programme Support Team.
- Oversee the smooth running of the programmes.
- Work with the Senior Programme Support Officer to ensure timetables are up to date.
- Oversee the work with the Leads for the Online Platform, OCL & Assessments.
- Work with the Senior Programme Support Officer to ensure Deployment & Scheduling is completed.
- Lead the quality monitoring and continuous improvement activity in line with BPP's General Academic Regulations and policies.
- Lead the analysis / quality indicators for programme quality/student performance and monitor and act upon them where necessary.
- Attend School of Nursing Education & Standards Board.
- Attended Examination Boards.
- Attend University wide committees and groups.
- Review Banner and student progress tracking.
- Support staff with queries, student issues, course management issues.
- Lead the completion of the APMR.
- Lead cross site standardisation of programme development and delivery.
Teaching & Student Support
- Undertake lecturing appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role.
- Undertake academic marking and moderation.
- Advise re supporting students who face challenges with their studies
Please refer to full job description for details of additional responsibilities
Department School of Nursing
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide
- Current NMC Registration
- First Degree
- Post Graduate Degree
- Senior Fellow / Fellow HEA
- PhD or in progress
- Experience in the completion of Module / Programme Reports
- Experience of Curriculum Implementation
- Teaching qualification
- Marking of work and preparation of results for Exam Boards
- Facilitate student evaluation where appropriate
- Facilitate student support
- Expertise in lecturing and designing modules and programmes
- An ability to prioritise your own work and the work of others
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to listen and seek out the opinion of others
- Experience of writing research bids
- Experience of writing and presenting Tenders & Business Plans
- Facilitate student feedback to aid learning
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- High personal standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong skills in organisation, coordination, planning, prioritisation, people management and influencing
- A track record in research and translating research into teaching and education
- Facilitating Peers reviews
- Evidence of CPD
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Associate Dean (DoP) - Job Description - 2020.pdf (118 Kb)