Head of BSc, Hons, Nursing Programme
Job Profile Teaching - Programme Lead
Contract Type Permanent
You will work closely with the Associate Dean and Heads of key areas to realise the strategic vision of the School of Nursing to deliver our Pre-registration Nursing Direct Entry Programme in London and South Yorkshire.
There will be an opportunity to work remotely 2 / 3 days per week as business dictates.
- Liaise with relevant external institutes/professional bodies/practice placement providers, where necessary
- Contribute to the management of the academic content and pedagogy of programmes.
- Liaise with Programme Support Officers.
- Ensure the smooth running of the programmes.
- Work with the Senior Programme Support Officer to ensure timetables are up to date.
- Work with the Lead for OCL & Assessments.
- Work with the Senior Programme Support Officer to ensure Deployment & Scheduling is completed.
- Contribute to the quality monitoring and continuous improvement activity in line with BPP's General Academic Regulations and policies.
- Contribute to the analysis / quality indicators for programme quality/student performance and monitor and act upon them where necessary.
- Attend School of Nursing Education & Standards Board.
- Attended Examination Boards.
- Attend University wide committees and groups as delegated.
- Oversee Banner and student progress tracking.
- Support staff with queries, student issues, course management issues.
- Lead the completion of the APMR.
- Not applicable to this role at this time.
Teaching & Student Support:
- Undertake lecturing appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role.
- Support students through the completion of academic work.
- Support students through practice based learning and assessment.
Please refer to the job description for full details
Department School of Nursing
Vacancy location UK, London, London Waterloo
- Current NMC Registration
- First Degree
- Post Graduate Degree
- Experience of Curriculum Implementation
- Teaching qualification
- Mentor qualification
- Marking of work and preparation of results for Exam Boards
- Facilitate student evaluation where appropriate
- Facilitate student support
- Expertise in lecturing and designing modules and programmes
- An ability to prioritise your own work and the work of others
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to listen and seek out the opinion of others
- Facilitate student feedback to aid learning
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- High personal standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Senior Fellow / Fellow HEA
- PhD or in progress
- Experience in the completion of Module / Programme Reports
- A track record in research and translating research into teaching and education.
- Facilitating Peers reviews
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Head of Programmes June 2020.pdf (108 Kb)