Researcher in the water and wastewater group
About the position
We have a vacancy for a researcher connected to the water and wastewater group of the department. This position is a temporary 18 months position with a specific focus on supporting the EU project portfolio of the group.
This position relates to the water and wastewater groups strategic work in proposal preparation of especially EU projects, and is specifically funded to support new and ongoing EU project activity.
Additionally, the research position will support two EU projects related to circular economy and reuse resources in the wastewater stream and reuse of stormwater. The proposal development relates to all aspects from strategic positioning to practical application writing tasks.
We are looking for a motivated candidate who has relevant experience, and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary teams.
You will report to the head of the water and wastewater group.
Duties of the position
- assist the group with developing new research opportunities
- assist in proposal writing from the initial stages to the final submission
- assist in research activities related to water quality measurements for two newly initiated EU projects
Required selection criteria
- PhD in the field of environmental engineering, environmental science or equivalent experience
- good organizational skills
- experience working in EU research projects with multiple partners
- excellent written and oral English language skills
Preferred selection criteria
- applicants with experience with circular economy concept projects especially related to resource recovery in waste water and reuse of stormwater
- scandinavian language skills
- applicants with research experience at university level
- highly motivated for career in research
- good collaborative and communicative skills
- motivation to work in interdisciplinary teams
- exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- an open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The gross salary for the position of researcher (code 1109 ) is normally remunerated at gross from NOK 520 000 – 650 000 before tax per year, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU
It is a prerequisite that you can be present at and accessible to the institution daily.
About the application
The application and supporting documentation must be in English.
Please note that applications are only evaluated based on the information available on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
If, for any reason, you have taken a career break or have had an atypical career and wish to disclose this in your application, the selection committee will take this into account, recognizing that the quantity of your research may be reduced as a result.
The application must include (Departments to choose from the following):
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Academic works - published or unpublished - that you would like to be considered in the assessment (up to 10 works)
- A description of the academic/artistic works that you regard as most relevant and that you particularly want to be considered in the assessment
- Name and address of three referees
- Research plan
- Details of teaching qualifications based on "Documentation of applicant’s teaching qualifications in connection with appointment to an academic position at NTNU”
- Details of the projects you have managed, with information about funding, duration and size
Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
In the assessment of the best qualified applicant, we will emphasize education, experience and personal suitability as well as your motivation for the position.
NTNU is committed to following evaluation criteria for research quality according to The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment - DORA. This means that we pay special attention to the quality and professional breadth of these works. We also consider experience from research management and participation in research projects. We place great emphasis on your scientific work from the last five years.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.
As an employee at NTNU, you must at all times adhere to the changes that the development in the subject entails and the organizational changes that are adopted.
Under the Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova), your name, age, position and municipality may be made public even if you have requested not to have your name entered on the list of applicants.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Professor Tone Muthanna, telephone +4795186817, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Hege Johansen, e-mail: email@example.com
Please submit your application and supporting documentation via jobbnorge.no. If you are invited for interview, you must bring certified copies of certificates and diplomas. Mark the application with reference number: IV-154/20.
Application deadline: 09.08.2020
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
We conduct research and teaching in civil and transportation engineering, technical planning, structural engineering, water and wastewater engineering and hydraulic engineering. Graduates from our programmes become employees in both the public and private sectors – with a sustainability mindset combined with competitive knowledge and skills. The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is one of eight departments in the Faculty of Engineering.
Deadline 9th August 2020
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Place of service Institutt for bygg- og miljøteknikk