Development Operations Engineer
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: School of Biomedical Sciences
Salary: $85,134 - $92,154 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
About the role:
An exciting 24 month fixed-term opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the bioinformatics team at The Microbiological Diagnostic Unit Public Health Laboratory (MDU PHL), located at the Peter Doherty Institute.
MDU PHL sits is one of Victoria’s public health laboratories responsible for providing the highest quality microbiological services, including pathogen genomics to identify, investigate and control protect and improve the public’s current and emerging public health threats posed by infectious diseases, antimicrobial resistance and biological agents of security concern.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Python, Bash scripting, and Unix environment
- Demonstrable ability to build CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrable knowledge of Git and GitHub
Skills and Experience required to fulfill the position:
- Creative system-level thinking with a passion for software quality and technology
- A proactive and creative approach to solving complex problems
- Strong communication skills to effectively share ideas, concepts and designs
- A strong team player who likes to listen, help others and collaborate with team members
- Goal-oriented, and likes to take ownership of their work
- The desire to learn, multitask and meet competing deadlines
- A strong interest in learning new technologies and quality improvement processes
Be able to sign an non-disclosure agreement, and pass security checks.
Applications close: 29 Jul 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time