Data Management Officer
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: School of Biomedical Sciences
Salary: $85,134 - $92,154 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
About the role:
An exciting 12 month fixed-term opportunity for an experienced data management officer to join the COVID-19 genomics response team at The Microbiological Diagnostic Unit Public Health Laboratory (MDU PHL), located in the Peter Doherty Institute.
MDU PHL sits is one of Victoria’s public health laboratories responsible for providing the highest quality microbiological services, including pathogen genomics to identify, investigate and control protect and improve the public’s current and emerging public health threats posed by infectious diseases, antimicrobial resistance and biological agents of security concern.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- A postgraduate qualification in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Microbiology, Public Health, Bioinformatics (or relevant degree)
- Demonstrated ability to develop new databases for the collection and analysis of raw metadata in different formats and from a range of resources.
- Demonstrated capacity in fostering networks and the ability to communicate effectively with public and private diagnostic laboratories and government for the collection of data.
- Superior time management, analytical and organisational skills allowing prioritisation, problem solving and timely, accurate completion of tasks
- Capability to record scientific data and results of analyses in both conventional hardcopy and electronic forms
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function and interact as a team member
Skills and Experience required to fulfill the position:
- Demonstrated capacity to design and implement comprehensive data capturing and management approaches
- Ability to adapt to periodic pressures of the workplace, where large numbers of analyses need to be performed rapidly with a high degree of analytical initiative and the ability to work in a self-directed manner
Commitment to a code of ethics and compliance to the highest professional standards of integrity.
Applications close: 29 Jul 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time