Faculty Director, Simulation Training
Khalifa University College of Medicine and Health Sciences
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class,research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
- Essential to this role is the desire to train a new generation of medical specialist, as well as contribute to world-class research that improves practice while delivering a service to the university, the community and the United Arab Emirates.
- The responsibilities of faculty members shall be an appropriate combination of:
- Dissemination of knowledge through undergraduate and / or graduate teaching; and
- Research, scholarly or other creative activities; and Academic service
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The position calls for a leading authority in "clinical simulation training" with evidence of exceptional academic standing.
Expected to have a made a substantive contribution to their discipline, and can show evidence of innovative curriculum development, a distinguished record of teaching, and proven academic leadership.
- Manages and directs the implementation of simulation training exercises across the CMHS
- Assists faculty in developing and executing activities that meet the educational and clinical simulation needs of the CMHS
- Assists in identifying learning needs addressed through simulation; designing collaborative action plans and outcome evaluations for simulation programs
- Advises faculty in the design,training, development, and implementation simulation center activities
- Assesses the performance and educational content of simulation- based programs
- Facilitates integration of simulation into the medical curriculum
- Maintains proficiency in existing and emerging quality, safety and simulation technologies, including basic theory, design and implementation
- Develops schedules for utilization of simulation center resources
- Participates in task forces and groups charged with improving patient care or safety issues through the use of Simulation
- Identifies and assists in the procurement of equipment, supplies and potential space to meet the needs of the simulation program
- Monitors the consistency and quality of - assessment and examination based simulation.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the fields of Simulation
- Promotes an appropriate climate for creativity, collaboration, inquiry, and diversity.
- Maintains good working relationships; approaches conflict resolution in a constructive manner; helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians and employees. Discuss patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Collaborates with institutional and external groups to identify resources and other sources of support the center.
- Other duties as assigned.
Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities:
- Engage in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Deliver papers or make presentations at professional association meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in panels at regional and international meetings of professional organizations.
- Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Serve on the CMHS Curriculum Committee
- Contribute to student recruitment,retention and placement efforts.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in student organization activities.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Appropriately supervise direct reports, including course coordinators and simulation specialists.
- A degree in medicine (MD or MBBS)
- Experience supervising employees.
- Certified as an Instructor in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Demonstrable experience in teaching and mentorship in the discipline at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Demonstrable abilities to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team, well developed interpersonal skis and the ability to provide leadership and take the initiative.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience AND experience in teaching at a level that is relevant to the position and would have made contributions to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching and administrative services of an organizational unit (e.g. a center, department).
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Faculty Director, Simulation Training
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly