Instructional Designer, Teaching and Learning Lab
Khalifa University College of Medicine and Health Sciences
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
Reporting to the Program Director for Teaching and Learning in the Office of Faculty Affairs, the Instructional Designer plays an integral role in developing strategies and advancing experiences that promote faculty development and enhance the learning environment.The primary role of the instructional designer is to create, select and/or suggest instructional technologies, learning strategies and experiences to enhance student and faculty performance, skills, knowledge, information and attitude in order to promote achievement of program goals and learning outcomes.
As a member of the Office of Faculty Affairs, and by utilizing instructional technologies, the Instructional Designer will work with team members to develop and implement an effective faculty development program focused on enhancing the teaching and learning skills of all members of the CMHS learning community, including faculty,residents, and medical students.
The Instructional Designer has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Envision, design, develop, implement and evaluate curriculum design initiatives based on the needs of the medical school.
- Assist the faculty in creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Explore and promote innovative pedagogic and engagement strategies including; traditional, Blended Learning,Just-in-Time Teaching, Flipped Classroom, etc.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audiences’ training needs
- Visualize instructional graphics,the user interface and the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Orient faculty to university learning technologies, including the learning management system (Moodle)
- Work with faculty to develop exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media(audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Design and develop curriculum design workshops and stand-alone digital resources to support students and faculty.
- Help to identify courses that could benefit from course re-engineering through conversations with stakeholders and using data-driven methods.
- Contribute to the scholarship of learning technology, learning design and curriculum enhancement.
- Adheres to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager
- MA degree or higher in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field
- This role requires a minimum of 7 to9 years of experience in curriculum design and/or instructional technology. The following attributes and list of experiences are required:
- Previous working experience in instructional design (minimum 5 years) at the university level.
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Previous working experience with course development software
- Management experience with at least one learning management systems (e.g. Moodle)
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver,Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to write effective copy,instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Learns quickly and responds effectively to changing operational needs and circumstances
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Instructional Designer, Teaching and Learning Lab
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly