Programme Support Officer
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Fixed Term
Members of the Law School Academic Administrator (Assessments) team will work together with the Director of Law School Delivery, the Programme Support Manager (Assessments) and the Senior Programme Support Officer to ensure that all Law School assessment related administrative support processes are properly set up and aligned across all programmes.
The work of the Programme Support team is organised into four broad areas of responsibility, focusing on the following aspects of the student journey:
Programme Support Officers normally work primarily within one area of responsibility but can be required to work flexibly across the three areas of responsibility as determined by the Programme Support Managers to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to Admissions, SRO, Student Finance, Timetabling Unit, EAO and Student Advice.
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School administrative and support processes to work within a dedicated delivery team.
- Providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolution.
- Acting as a first point of contact for all non-academic student queries
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative and support processes to allow flexible working across the areas of responsibility, as required.
- Generally to assist the Law School Team to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
- To be part of a rota of staff from within the Law School who sit with the Student Advice and Guidance team to give front facing student advice and guidance.
- Other key responsibilities are determined by the Programme Support Officer's primary work area (pre-registration, on-programme or exams) and are set out at the end of this job description.
- Other administrative support activities as and when required by the Law School.
Please refer to the job description for full details
Department Law School - Delivery
Vacancy location UK, South West, Bristol
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis and producing and managing documentation
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task when necessary
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills (particularly Excel) and an ability to develop new solutions and processes
- Able to develop rapport and build and maintain strong working relationships with Law School students, tutors and other internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail and strong administration and organisational skills
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to manage people and problems, resolve conflicts and find appropriate solutions
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- Able to work on own initiative without daily supervision
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- A relevant degree
- Experience of working in the HE sector
- Experience of using project management tools
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Programme Support Officer (pre reg and on prog) Bristol.pdf (125 Kb)