Campus Physical Development Manager, Campus Physical Development and Services Department
Reporting to the Director, CPDO, the incumbent will lead and manage the CPDO team to meet operating goals of the department in Abu Dhabi campus. The successful candidate will provide overall administrative management and coordination of a variety of projects related to the newcampus in Abu Dhabi. Planning and supervising will be key roles playedas a Manager of the department.
Managing Operations in Abu Dhabi Campus
- Provides leadership and management for thefacilities operations of the Abu Dhabi campus and relatedsites. These responsibilities include planningsupport,supervision,project management of contracts.
- Leads and manages the day-to-day operations ofCPD Abu Dhabi and the facilities management services provided byexternal services providers.
- Prepares and analyses data related tofacilities such as space inventory, and provides appropriate suggestionsand ideas to aid management decision-making.
- Manages daily administrative and operationalbusiness associated with the department; ensuring that standards forquality and quantity of work from FM company are met.
- Plans and implements long and short term plansand programs for CPD.
- Works with the Director forplanning,budgeting,and operation of the CPD Department in Abu Dhabi.
- Directs and guides CPD team to gather relevantdata and market information to support negotiations with consultants andcontractors. Reviews and evaluates their cost effectiveness.
- Supervises staff and is responsible foreffective team performance, reviewing performance and evaluations
- Leads change within CPD which is aligned withthe new culture at ZU
Project and Event Management
- Plans and manages a comprehensive portfolio ofprojects/ programs with university constituents for communication andcoordination including facilities management programs,cleaningsecurity,access system/procedures and any other projects initiatives.
- Participates in the planning and budgetingprocess for new projects and scope management.
- Defines project work scope and estimates andtracks progression based on cost, quality and time factors.
- Provides Project management and supervisionwithin the Campus Physical Development Office for various Universityprojects in a professional manner.
- Conducts risk management on various programs orinitiatives, as required.
- Prepares project specifications and initialdrawings where possible, and discusses the project withconsultants,contractors and architects.
- Prepares reports on progress and recommendschanges in campus development plans, project status and budget status.
- Prepares invitations to tender for variousprojects, renovations, etc.
- Meets users of facilities from variousdepartments for exchanging ideas and understanding their needs andrequirements before preparing final plans for any project.
- Liaises and provides support to the variouscampus departments for planning and delivery of university events andprograms.
Creating and Maintaining Policies and Procedures
- Prepare plans, proposals, policies andprocedures for CPD operations in Abu Dhabi campus in conjunction withthe CPD director.
- Establishes procedures for communication andcoordination with project constituencies.
- Utilizes relevant computer programs forpresentation of planning procedures.
Building effective relationships internally and externally
- Builds and nourishes relationships atappropriate levels with ZU community and service providers.
- Acts as the primary administrative liaison withusers of Abu Dhabi campus facilities, including academicunits,administrative departments and student organizations
- Manages the outcomes of a variety of committeesincluding Facilities Management & Communication.
- Represents CPD Director at weekly Abu Dhabileadership meetings.
- Carries out any other project or assignmentrelated to the position as required from time to time.
- Work is performed under general direction ofthe CPDO Director and is reviewed against target outcomes and quality ofrelationships/partnerships established.
- Is independent in day to day management.MeetsCPD management frequently to contribute ideas and suggestions and aids decision-making.
- Within broad management guidance by DirectorCPDO, the incumbent will be given significant latitude to effectivelymanage all aspects of CPD management at Abu Dhabi campusincluding,Building contacts at appropriate level in Zayed University andrepresenting CPDO programs and services; and collaborating with variouscommittees on a regular basis to ensure clear and open communication and commitment.
- The quality and effectiveness of these contactswill have a direct effect on the success of any projects.
- Regular interaction with Campus PhysicalDevelopment Office, Purchasing, suppliers, consultants and contractorson new and ongoing projects.
- Close contact with all Campus PhysicalDevelopment Office team members.
- Master’s degree in Project Management orEngineering from an accredited institution and a minimum of 10 years ofexperience in the areas of project management, facilities management oran equivalent combination of education, skill or experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skillsto interact with a diverse range of individuals
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Conversant in using IT applications, MS Project.
- Business experience in the UAE an asset.
- Excellent project management, planning andorganizational skills.
- Strategic thinker and proven experience leadinga team.
- Commercial acumen and ability to gather andanalyze market data.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive,withcompetitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing,a furnitureallowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee andimmediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare isprovided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a coverletter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of threeprofessional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.