Program Manager, Environmental Leadership and Training Initiative
Funding is guaranteed until March 2022 and continuation is possible.
For more information on the ELTI program, please visit https://elti.yale.edu; https://tropicalrestorationcertificate.yale.edu.
- Develop and manage budgets for all ELTI programs across all revenue sources and cost centers, including programs at Yale and in subaward agreements.
- Support the ELTI team to set their program budgets and track expenses.
- Review and approve all financial reports produced by Yale for all revenue sources and cost centers.
- Represent ELTI in communications with the FES Business Office and the Yale Office of Sponsored Projects for financial management, as needed.
- Supervise Program Coordinator to review all financial reports for subaward and grants.
- Produce tailored reports and budgets as requested by the ELTI Director, ELTI team and Steering Committee.
- Produce quarterly financial reports to ELTI Director.
- Produce financial reports for all ELTI’s current and future donors that meet their specific reporting requirements.
- Manage financial, contractual and institutional aspects of ELTI’s subawards with partner organizations in focal countries with support of Program Coordinator.
- Support Program Coordinator and country coordinators to set budgets, prepare quarterly projections, and track expenses via monthly financial reports.
- Develop adaptive strategies for ELTI’s financial sustainability.
- Create budget scenarios and analyses for strategic management and funding proposals.
- Work with ELTI Director to support the ELTI team to produce and manage their strategic plans.
- Participate in monthly program calls and meetings with ELTI Director and ELTI program teams.
- Support ELTI Director in the planning and implementation of ELTI Annual Meeting.
- Lead sessions in the ELTI Annual Meeting and meetings with Steering Committee related to the primary responsibilities.
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting:
- Implement ELTI’s monitoring and evaluation strategy, and update strategy as required by donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Support program teams to develop, implement and incorporate the results of course evaluations, alumni surveys, pre-post quizzes, and other monitoring and evaluation tools to improve ELTI’s work.
- Support the ELTI team to ensure that they have resources to implement ELTI’s M&E activities.
- Lead and/or support evaluations as needed.
- Update ELTI’s Activity Database and indicators framework on a quarterly basis.
- Produce reports for ELTI Director, ELTI team and donors based on their requirements, including ELTI’s quarterly reports.
- Directly support ELTI Director in fundraising efforts, including assisting in the development of fundraising strategies, funding proposals, pitch presentations, and participating in fundraising meetings with potential donors and partners.
- Produce funding proposals and concept notes in collaboration with the ELTI team, in consultation with the ELTI Director when needed.
- Review and provide input to all funding proposals and materials that ELTI produces.
- Work with ELTI Director and ELTI team to establish processes for ELTI to run for-fee online and field courses as part of ELTI’s fundraising strategy.
- Work with Program Coordinator on:
- Managing of the ELTI Contact Database.
- Producing e-newsletters.
- Supporting social media activities.
- Updating ELTI’s website with events, Leaders in Action stories, Projects, News, etc.
- Co-manage ELTI’s communication strategies with ELTI Director to meet ELTI communications needs (e.g., ELTI website, newsletter, new communication material, concept notes, presentations, videos, etc.).
- Review and provide input on all communication materials to ensure consistency and quality of language, design and style.
- Produce and write communication materials as needed.
- Oversees the advancement and growth of the program. Gives direction and leadership supporting the philosophy, mission, strategy, and annual goals and objectives. Assumes primary accountability for disseminating and publishing all program information to create public awareness and support of the program.
- Works closely with leadership, internal and external colleagues, and community residents to further develop and implement strategic plans.
- Identifies, solicits, and cultivates community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of the program. Develops the metrics to identify and measure the success of the program. Responsible for measurements of grant success and related evaluation.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating potential future funding sources, and contributes to the submission of grants and contracts supporting the program, including the annual submission and writing of all content areas and budgetary sections of grant applications. Develops and manages the program’s operating budget.
- Develops the administrative infrastructure of the program. Manages human resource and administrative functions of the program, including staffing and hiring, supervision, performance development, counseling and discipline, if warranted. Oversees and manages information systems, facilities, and space needs.
- Investigates, identifies, implements, and oversees the maintenance of systems to gather, track, and report information to support the initiatives of the program. Tracks all program activities and regularly informs leadership of progress on each initiative. Recommends structural or programmatic adjustments, changes or additions based on full knowledge of missions, goals, and objectives.
- Initiates, designs, and manages the compilation of program communications; identifying outreach potential, and promoting philanthropic and collaborative support of the program. Contributes to the development and assists in the management of content on the program’s website and monitors all changes and additions to the editorial content.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, charts and graphs, sorting and filtering data, using formulas, etc.) Extensive experience with managing budgets (creating new budgets for funding proposals, managing existing budgets from many sources).
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Grant writing, negotiation and reporting experience. Database management experience (e.g., tracking and updating program activities and international contacts).
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proven ability to manage several projects concurrently, while balancing competing priorities and deadlines. Flexibility in work focus. Ability to switch among several different projects without any adverse effects.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially with international audiences.
Well-developed writing skills, with the ability to write public materials and reports for various audiences, including donors and for social media.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Advanced Microsoft Office and PowerPoint skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s or MBA preferred.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus