Become an IB Examiner for Dutch A: Language and Literature
As part of assessment processes, the IB works with educators in a variety of different roles. We are always looking to recruit new, skilled examiners and senior examiners as the IB continues to grow.
As an examiner you will play an important role in maintaining the quality of assessment for which the IB is known worldwide. This experience will enable you to:
- Enhance your professional development
- Expand your subject knowledge
- Earn extra income working from the convenience of your home
Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The IB’s Language A: Language and Literature course is firmly based on the study of both language and literature, with a focus on how the study of texts produced in a language is central to how we see and understand the world in which we live. The texts studied on this course will be diverse and in the literature elements will also include works studied in translation. At the end of the two years, students are expected to be able to focus closely on the language of the texts they study and will be aware of the role of each text’s wider context in shaping its meaning. Formal analysis of literary works as well as an understanding of critical literacy are desired outcomes of this course.
Applicants must have:
- a degree or equivalent in the subject (or a related subject) for which they are applying,
- a minimum of one year’s experience teaching the subject (or a related subject) to students in an appropriate age range:
- 16 to 19 years of age – DP
- applicants who are no longer teaching must have taught or examined within the last three years
- access to the internet, via a broadband (or faster) connection, in an environment that is suitable for marking confidential assessment material
IB teaching experience is not essential.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: