Lecturer in Sound
Creative Media, Arts and Design
College of Arts, Business, Law & Social Sciences
- Fixed Term,full time position for 3 years
- Lecturer | $94k-$111k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 0926I06/202556
The College of Arts, Business, Law and Social Sciences was formed in January 2019 from an amalgamation of the Schools of Business and Governance, Arts and Law. The combination of these individually strong areas will foster cross-disciplinary academic expertise and innovative multidisciplinary approaches to research and teaching.
The College promotes excellent teaching and research facilities and has highly qualified academic and professional staff across Law and Criminology; Creative Media, Arts and Design; Global Studies; and the Murdoch Business School.
This position contributes to the teaching effort of the Discipline through the preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, other types of teaching activities, and supervision of honours and postgraduate students and is expected to perform a range of administrative and service functions within the College and across the University.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- A PhD in an area relevant to appointment, or five years relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching in the discipline or profession, or two or more years of postdoctoral or equivalent professional experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team.
- Demonstrated high levels of written and oral communication skills in English.
- Desirable - Significant professional experience in sound production or postproduction in one or more areas of sound production such as film & television, games/interactive or live performance.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Position Description and apply, or to find out more about joining Murdoch.
Please see the Applicant Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted.Visa sponsorship will be given for this position.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Dr Leo Murray, Head of Discipline Creative Media, Arts and Design at L.Murray@murdoch.edu.au.
Closing date: 24 July 2020 (11:59pm)
Murdoch University reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove this advert at any time or when sufficient applications are received.