Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Politics and Policy
College of Arts, Business, Law and Social Sciences
- Continuous, Full time position– Commencing January 2021
- Lecturer| $95k-$113k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Senior Lecturer | $116k-$134k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 2314A01/202558
The College promotes excellent teaching and research facilities and has highly qualified academic and professional staff across Law and Criminology; Creative Media, Arts and Design; Global Studies; and the Murdoch Business School.
An exciting opportunity now exists to join Murdoch University and contribute to the collegial and intellectual life of the Global Studies discipline through the delivery of innovative research and teaching as a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Politics and Policy.
A Lecturer is expected to develop scholarly research outputs and professional activities relevant to the discipline. They are responsible for the preparation and delivery of lectures and tutorials, unit coordination, and supervision of honours and postgraduate students.
A Senior Lecturer is expected to have developed a strong research focus, evidenced by research outputs in quality research publications.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- A PhD in an area relevant to appointment
- Demonstrated experience in innovative course and program coordination and design, including the ability to contribute to the development of new curriculum in Politics and Policy across the undergraduate and postgraduate coursework spheres.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level in relevant disciplinary fields
- Demonstrated success in research, especially in areas aligned with the MurdochUniversity Research Institutes and Centres: Health; Environment; Food and Agriculture; and/or the Asia Research Centre.
- Demonstrated success in supervising honours, postgraduate coursework and HDR students
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Position Description and apply, or to find out more about joining Murdoch.
Please see the Applicant Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Jane Hutchison, Head of Discipline, Global Studies at J.Hutchison@murdoch.edu.au.
Closing date: 26 July 2020(11:59pm)
Murdoch University reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove this advert at any time or when sufficient applications are received.