Technical Services Officer, Simulation
Campus Location: Ballarat
Functional Unit: Technical Services
Work Type: Continuing part time
- Part-time position (0.71 FTE)
- Continuing position, based at the Ballarat campus
- Support and assist the technical operations of Technical Services at Australian Catholic University
(ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Office of the Associate Dean, Learning, Teaching and Professional Experience (OADLTPE) is a unit within the Faculty of Health Sciences comprising the Departments of Technical Services, Placement Services, FHS Learning and Teaching and the FHS Student led Health Clinics. Departments in OADLTPE are responsible for providing support and service to schools in the faculty in the areas of clinical supervision, learning and teaching activity within the ACU Health Clinics and Specialist Learning Environments, and tutorial, practical and laboratory classes where specialist equipment is required.
The Technical Services Officer, Simulation provides support and assistance with the day-to-day operations of Technical Services ensuring all service provisions and expectations are met.
More specifically the role entails:
- Planning, preparing, setting up and packing down the simulation environments for learning and teaching activities
- Assisting with the coordination, organisation and preparation of resources required for learning and teaching activities within simulation environments
- Providing technical advice and assistance for learning and teaching activities, including the demonstration of use of equipment.
You will need to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent combination of professional training and relevant work experience within a health simulation environment
- Previous experience in applying technical knowledge in a health simulation environment
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Demonstrated capacity to learn new skills / technologies and adapt to a changing workplace environment.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $83,386 - $90,360 pa (pro-rata), including salary component $70,462 - $76,355 pa (pro-rata) (Higher Education Worker Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Jeremy Fowler, National Manager, Technical Services on 02 9739 2494.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Tuesday 14 July; 11:55 pm EST
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.