Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - R3C is a Research Centre with focus on Waste to materials – converting waste into new, useful materials; Waste to energy – harnessing energy from urban biomass, sewage sludge, agricultural residues, micro-algae; and Contaminated site remediation – developing solutions and technologies for remediating contaminated sites.
The center is looking for a candidate to fill a post of a Research Associate in waste derived materials used for construction purposes.
- Work on basic experiments such as operation of a lab-scale environmental leaching tests setup, concrete sample testing, preparation and analysis of solids and leachates
- Assisting in the design/building of experimental setups, and the sampling of municipal solid waste (MSW) slag
- Assisting in geotechnical testing and analysis of results
- Prepare and analyse metals distribution in the slag, and carry out leaching tests and different compliance tests
- Prepare and characterize of MSW slag-concrete products (concrete mixture)
- Possess Master degree in environmental engineering, chemical engineering, inorganic chemistry or related disciplines
- Experience in heavy metals leaching, environmental impact and life cycle assessment, fate and transport analysis, geotechnical testing, ash/slag treatment and upcycling
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.