The Delta-NTU Corporate Laboratory for Cyber-Physical Systems was jointly established by the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Delta Electronics.
The Corp Lab aims to create business value through collaborative commercialization of translational research and industrial development. The Research Engineer will conduct research and development work related to Smart Manufacturing, and is expected to contribute in effort targets pave new solution business in Smart Manufacturing in the Asia Pacific Region.
The Research Engineer will be responsible for research and development of an indoor visible light communication (known as Li-Fi) and positioning system for various position-enabled applications. The scope of the job includes, but is not limited to:
- Experimental investigation of visible light communication and position systems
- Development of an embedded components for visible light communication and positioning
- Evaluating and testing/debugging embedded software/algorithms/systems
- Working with other team members to develop a VLP/VLC prototype system and evaluate its performance in real-life/practical settings
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or Photonics, or other relevant field
- Experience and knowledge of visible light communication, optical communication, and free space optics
- Experimental skills in optoelectronics and optical systems
- Understanding of microcontrollers/microprocessors and embedded systems
- Knowledge of localization/positioning techniques
- Experience in programming languages including MatLab, C/C++, Assembly language, etc
- Good interpersonal skills, being willing to work with people from varied backgrounds
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.