Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applications for the position of Research Engineer, who will focus on the development of the next-gen microgrids.
- Operation & maintenance of electrical systems diesel gensets, fuel tanks, wind turbines, energy storage systems, Solar arrays, PV inverters, 400V LV & 6.6kV MV switchgear
- Regular site visits to supervise the microgrid project deployment, construction tasks and R&D testing
- Prepare, maintain & implement the standard operating procedures for the testbed assets
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Solid knowledge of the containerized power system construction, foundation design, Singapore regulations and protection standards on electrical/fire safety
- Proficiency with System Information Modeling, Design, AutoCAD, PSCAD is highly preferred
- Experience in site supervision & contract works related to electric utility industry, preferably in the area of distribution system network, power system protection & switchgear
- A hands-on-technologist with the ability to turn high-level features/requirements/manuals into detailed standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of automation systems, smart meters, RTUs and SCADA is an added advantage
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.