Conducts clinical research on study and hospital subjects by providing nursing services to patients and families in compliance with University, State, and Federal guidelines. Develops, designs and implements procedures and quality assurance standards for research studies.
- Identifies, assesses eligibility, enrolls, and collects accurate medical and demographic history on research subjects for a variety of studies; obtains and explains written consent for subject participation.
- Provides direct clinical services to subjects; observes subjects and notifies clinicians to any medical/emotional change.
- Contributes to protocol development, submission, and renewal by collecting written materials and writing procedural documents; ensures ongoing compliance with institutional review board (IRB) policies by monitoring changes in IRB policies related to human specimens and informing the research team of such changes.
- Conducts patient and research subject evaluations; administers medications and research instruments, and presents data.
- Reviews, codes and contributes in the entering of all collected patient data to assure completeness and accuracy.
- Ensures regulatory compliance by maintaining clinical and nursing records to meet the needs of various protocols.
- Maintains the integrity of the clinical research study by striving to advocate for patients.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate both through oral and written expression.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to work as part of a team and promote a cooperative environment. Highly-developed organizational skills. Ability to multitask without losing focus.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut or Connecticut license eligible.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus