Regulatory Project Manager
Reporting to the YCCI Associate Director, coordinates and manages center-wide projects from all related program areas as deemed appropriate. This position will support several YCCI project areas including regulatory, project feasibility, community engagement, education, pilot program and the tracking/evaluation unit. This position will be partially funded by the sponsored awards it supports.
- Reviews and determines staffing needs, job posting requirements, salary guidelines, and labor agreement interpretations for exempt and non-exempt staff in one or more functional department of the University.
- Manages the administrative support needs for exempt and nonexempt staff and provides recommendations, improvements, solutions and assistance as needed.
- Manages and monitors technology needs, conducts inventory, and system requirements for the assigned departments.
- Develops and prepares budgets, financial forecasts, and financial analyses and the actual vs. budgeted performance reports for the departments.
- Manages the use of facilities in one or more departments including office space, work stations, equipment, and office supplies.
- Manages administrative support for activities of one or more departments to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Manages and coordinates training sessions for assigned departments when new policies or practices are adopted.
- Ensures compliance with University and federal regulations as they apply to the assigned departments.
- Identifies, plans, and develops administrative policies for the assigned departments.
- Assists in reviewing and implements University and departmental policies as they pertain to the administrative functions of the assigned department.
- Assesses and makes recommendations regarding staff development and staffing levels.
- Monitors, develops, plans, and executes systematic research on user requirements through such mechanisms as surveys, interviews, focus groups and competitive analysis.
- Manages a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice guidelines. Demonstrated ability interpreting federal, state, University and sponsor policies and regulations. Demonstrated ability with interpreting complex clinical trial protocols and federal, state, local guidelines.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Proven ability to manage several projects concurrently, while balancing competing priorities and deadlines. Extreme flexibility in work focus; ability to switch among several different projects without any adverse effects.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability to report on the status of project deliverables, draft and submit project updates to Yale team and study sponsor.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively and represent the school well with participants, faculty, administrators and corporate contracts; ability to work with diverse populations. Excellent oral and written communication skills; very effective listening and feedback abilities.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Excellent organizational skills; strong writing abilities; working knowledge of MS Office.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Masters degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; work experience in the medical/public health research, community health, and/or a community organization.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus