PhD Position in Human Computer Interaction
OPEN PHD POSITION IN HUMAN-COMPUTER INTERACTION
Research in the Augment group of the department of Computer Science at KU Leuven focuses on how end-users interact with personalised systems, such as recommender systems, personalised search and targeted advertisement. The objective is to enable end-users to understand the rationale of such systems and to enable them to steer the personalisation process with input and feedback. The focus is on visualisation and interaction techniques, using the full spectrum of hardware from small mobile devices to large multi-touch displays. Applications include healthcare, learning analytics, precision agriculture, media consumption, and digital humanities.
We have an open position (fully funded) on the use of interactive recommendation techniques to deliver personalised advice to end-users. These techniques are researched to increase engagement of end-users in personalised health applications or in the context of smart education.
We expect from applicants:
- an excellent Master degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- strong programming skills
- the ability to do independent research
- a good background and interest in human computer interaction research
- strong commitment and the ability to work in a team
- a high level of proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
Funding is available immediately. The research will be carried out at the Department of Computer Science of KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium.
The deadline for submitting applications is 31 July 2020. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.Interested applicants should upload the following documents:
- letter of application, including the motivation to apply for the position
- a recent research project (e.g. master thesis, scientific publication)
- transcripts of bachelor and master degrees.
You can apply for this job no later than July 31, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.